Story: Land Based Tours
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Air Date: 27th December 2020
Trevor seeks the locals’ advice to help him make the most of his stay in the tropical paradise of Christmas Island.
- The Visitors Centre is a great place to start when planning your holiday. You can make bookings for any tours or activities that you want to do while you’re there.
- The Crabbie Cabbie is a transport service and tour operator on Christmas Island run by Chris Carr.
- Chris takes people to see the native wildlife, explore the rainforest and relax on the island’s most secluded beaches.
- The Grotto can be found just outside the main settlement. It’s an enchanted sea cave according to local legend and it’s definitely worth a visit.
- Territory Day Park has the best views over the townsite from anywhere on the island. It’s a beautiful spot to have a picnic or go for a hike.
- With 15 years’ experience in tourism, Lisa Preston from Indian Ocean Experiences knows how to show off the best of Christmas Island.
- The path to Golf Course Lookout is short and steep, taking you past an old Chinese cemetery. The lookout itself is a great spot to take in the view over Flying Fish Cove.
- Lisa has a number of tours on Christmas Island, including the Panoramic Bird Tour, Nature Tour and Dolly Beach Tour.
For more information, head to