Segment: Lestok Tours
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
TX Date: 30th December 2018
Visiting Karijini is something that should be on the top of your bucket list and Lestok Tours gives you the opportunity to do just that.
- Lestok have been touring people through Karijini for the past 25 years, with local guides showing you the way through the epic landscapes. They provide the perfect introduction to the gorges, waterholes, lookouts and their knowledge of wildlife and flora is superb.
- The tour guides will pick you up from your accommodation or in town the morning of the tour and take you for a beautiful day out in Karijini. Taking you through multiple gorges and ending at the stunning Fern Pool.
- Fern Pool is known for its greenish colour, which is due to the reeds growing around it. The water comes from nearby artesians, bubbling up deep underground. This water is rich in minerals, high in calcium and quite warm to swim in.
- The walk into Dales Gorge can be a bit challenging but is well worth the effort. The microclimate in the deep gorge is amazing – it is cooler with lush foliage and completely surrounded by ancient weathered rock.
- Karijini is a huge place, so if you want to get the best experience out of your trip you’ll want to have a guide that knows the area.
- If you’re looking to discover more about the incredible landscapes of Karijini, you can’t get better than Lestok Tours.
P: (08) 9189 2032