Segment: Perth Graffiti/Perth at Night
Presenter: Christina Morrissy
TX Date: November 18th, 2018
While there is a lot to do in Perth during the day, the city really comes alive at night and Oh Hey WA tours can take you on a fantastic walking tour of all the local hotspots.
- Perth is going through a serious revitalisation, with public art, food and music venues popping up all over the place. It can be difficult to stay on top of everything, which is why a tour with Oh Hey WA might be a good idea.
- The tour starts in Hibernian Place, right in the historic heart of Perth. This area is home to a number of new and exciting places, such as the world class restaurant, Garum.
- You’ll find these new locations housed in some of beautiful historic buildings in Perth’s East End, which is home to a number of heritage buildings.
- The tour lasts for around 2 and a half hours and covers Perth’s new nightlife, interesting laneways and developments. The lane ways in particular are full of fantastic pieces of street art, such as the art along Prince Lane celebrating the area’s connection to the fashion industry.
- The Flour Factory, once home to an actual flour factory, is an inner-city pub offering Gin with a Western Australian twist and food made with the freshest local produce.
- Sneaky Tony’s is another interesting spot and is a bar which can only be entered with a password.
- On James Street, you’ll find a fantastic Tiki bar. This is a venue houses a fantastic rooftop bar, offering incredible views of the city around you. The cocktails on offer are delicious, and the view can’t be beaten.
- Perth has a huge range of new venues, from the rooftop bar at the QT hotel, the Aviary, and of course Yagan Square. The tour with Oh Hey WA is absolutely incredible, and well worth your time – make sure to wear your comfy shoes though!