Title: Sunpictures – Broome at night
Broadcast Date: 11th November 18
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane.
Broome at night, what more is there to say.. Its just mesmerizing.
- As the sun goes down of the sands of Cable beach and you start to make your evening plans, there is just so many options to explore in town.
- A trip to Sun Pictures is a definite must on your trip to Broome, and not a lot has changed of the façade of building since the box office first opened more than a century ago.
- Tickets are still sold the old fashioned way and kids can still enjoy playing on the grass before the movie starts.
- Sun Pictures is the oldest picture garden in the world! Now that is something to celebrate.
- On site also is a line up all the old movie projectors and memorabilia from the years gone by, it’s a real trip down memory lane.
- The iconic building still has its original floor and roof, it has survived floods and cyclones and even air raids of the second world war.
- There is real melting pot of different food styles from fine dining right the way through to the fusion foods of Chinatown.
- A perfect stop for dinner on your evening, is the Aarli Bar. Aarli means fish in Bardi, one of the local languages from the Dampier Peninsula. Think contemporary Asian eating house and your on the mark, grab a spot if you can under the iconic frangipani in the courtyard and sit back, relax and take in all the ambience of Broome you can.
- Exploring Broome at night is a great way to end your day in the region and these are just some of the options to discover Broome at night.