Title: Karijini Eco Retreat
Broadcast: July 30th 2017
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
While visiting Karijini National Park, Trevor shows us the perfect place to stay. Karijini Eco Retreat combines luxury with environmental sustainability.
- From deluxe eco tents to cabins to powered and unpowered sites, Karijini Eco Retreat has the perfect accommodation for all travellers. It’s set in a spectacular ancient landscape with some of the oldest rock on the planet.
- The resort is one hundred percent owned by the Gumala Aboriginal Corporation which represents the collective interests of the Napoli, Bungoma and Innawonga Aboriginal people.
- There are many things to see such as termite mounds, snakes, lizards, dingos, and many species of plants.
- Everything in the site can be removed and it will recover. The energy is generated by the sun and the grey water is being reused.
- The restaurant is sensational, it has an outdoor barbecue and utilizes unique bush foods that are part of the cuisine offering flavours and food experiences that are very unique to this region.
- Karijini eco retreat is only an hour from the nearest town. It’s the perfect place to base yourself when you are exploring this beautiful region. There are also so many activities to do such as abseiling and rock climbing, water sliding and swimming in some of the pools.
Karijini Eco Retreat
P: (08) 9189 8013