Story: Welcome to Broome
Presenter: Daniela Pola
Air Date: 8 August 2021
One of WA's tourism hotspots, the town of Broome has many great attractions. Daniela visits a few of them and ends her day the traditional Broome way!
- Broome is a beach resort town in Western Australia’s Kimberley region.
- Broome was originally founded as a pearling port in the late 1880’s and now boasts a multicultural population.
- The Roebuck Bay Lookout was collaboratively designed to celebrate the rich Aboriginal history of the area.
- The artwork here was created by the Traditional Owners in conjunction with Broome Senior Highschool.
- Broome offers a variety of accommodation options ranging from caravan parks to luxury hotels.
- Matso’s Broome Brewery, famous for its alcoholic Ginger Beer, is housed inside a heritage-listed building and is one of Australia’s most popular breweries.
- Chinatown is the multicultural heart of Broome and offers a range of shopping, art and food experiences for locals and tourists.
- A camel ride at sunset along Cable Beach has to be most the iconic image of Broome and the most sort after experience to be had whilst visiting.