Story: Sharing the Road
Presenter: Chrissy Morrissy
Air Date: 27 June 2021
When travelling our great state, it’s important to be a considerate driver. Chrissy takes us on a little road trip, demonstrating just how simple it is to drive safely and enjoy the ride!
- There are over 2 million drivers in WA and a lot of them are out discovering our state.
- When driving remember that we all share the road with caravans, heavy vehicles, smaller sedans, people riding bikes, and motorcyclists.
- It’s vital to keep left even when driving on country roads.
- When overtaking, ensure you have a clear view of oncoming traffic, that the clear distance is significant enough to pass, and use your indicator to signal your intentions to other drivers.
- There is no such thing as safe tailgating. In good conditions, you should drive at least two seconds behind the vehicle in front of you.
- It’s important to increase your following distance if the weather or road conditions are poor, if you’re driving a heavy vehicle or towing a trailer.
For more information: https://www.rsc.wa.gov.au/