Story: Indoor Skydiving
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Air Date: 27 June 2021
Ever dreamt of flying? This common childlike dream is now a reality at iFLY Perth. Trevor stops by to see what all the fuss is and ends up soaring like a bird.
- iFLY is located on the Great Eastern Highway, just 10 minutes from the Perth CBD.
- iFLY Indoor Skydiving has the only 14ft (3.65m) diameter iFLY wind tunnel in Perth.
- iFLY accommodates everyone from the ages of 3 to 103. With wheelchair access and highly trained instructors, flyers of all abilities are welcomed.
- At iFLY they replicate the skydiving experience and offer flights that are about 1½ times longer than a tandem jump.
- Each flight is about a minute, often a bit longer but never shorter than 50 seconds.
- Step one is the orientation, where your instructor will cover flying basics in a group setting.
- Step two is gearing up. Once you’ve been briefed, you’ll receive your flight gear.
- Step three is flying! Your instructor will show you to the tunnel, and soon you’ll be flying right by their side.
- iFly also offers a virtual reality flight experience.
For more information: https://www.iflyworld.com.au/