Story: Wadjemup Museum
Presenter: Chrissy Morrissy
Air Date: 31st January 2021
The newly renovated Wadjemup Museum showcases the rich culture and history of WA’s iconic Rottnest Island.
- Rottnest Island’s museum has undergone a $1 million refurbishment and been renamed the Wadjemup Museum.
- Wadjemup is the Noongar name for Rottnest, meaning “place across water where the spirits are.
- The Wadjemup Museum is made up of both temporary and permanent displays that tell the story of Wadjemup through different perspectives.
- The displays are visually enhanced by the beautiful old Mill and Hay Store in which they are found.
- The Museum is open daily from 10.00 am to 3.30 pm. Entry is by donation, which will go to the Rottnest Island Foundation.
For more information, head to