Story: City of Kalamunda
Presenter: Carmen Braidwood
Air Date: 3rd January 2021
Kalamunda has something for everyone, whether they’re looking to relax and unwind or get their heart rate up and adrenaline pumping.
- Kalamunda is just a short drive away from the incredible Bickley Valley, where you can have delicious food and local wine with stunning valley views.
- It’s become the go-to place for scenic drives to enjoy lookouts like Lesmurdie Falls.
- There’s an abundance of walking trails throughout Kalamunda for people of all ages and fitness levels.
- Stage 1 of the Perth Hills Loop Trail was recently completed, allowing mountain bike riders to journey from Kalamunda to the orcharding precinct of Pickering Brook.
- Statham’s Quarry is a well-developed climbing complex found in Kalamunda on the picturesque Darling Scarp.
- It was created in the early 1900s to provide stone for street pavers around City Beach and the Perth CBD.
- A massive effort has gone into creating a series of bolted sport routes to suit climbers of all ages, abilities and experience levels.
- Guided climbs and abseils are on offer at all times of the day, including twilight, which is a completely unique experience to Statham’s.
- Statham’s is also a great place to enjoy a late afternoon walk with a stunning sunset view.
For more information, head to