Story: Gemma Baker Jewellery
Presenter: Chrissy Morrissy
Air Date: 3rd January 2021
Geraldton is such a special destination that you want to take a little piece of it home with you every time you visit, and Chrissy knows how you can do exactly that.
- Gemma Baker Jewellery sources raw materials from around Western Australia and turns them into exquisite pieces of jewellery.
- Gemma Baker is a fourth-generation jeweller. Her family has been in the jewellery industry for over 130 years.
- Gemma’s signature work is impressively detailed. She actually French knits yellow gold, white gold and silver.
- Her favourite material to work with is the Abrolhos pearls. These are farmed off the coast of Geraldton at the Abrolhos Islands.
- Gemma and her jewellers work both back and front of house, making visiting here like a well-curated gallery tour.
- You can watch them make the jewellery, learn about the different types of diamonds and pearls and discover what makes their work so unique.
For more information, head to