Story: Don’t just pass through, stay awhile. Geraldton.
Presenter: Chrissy Morrissy
Air Date: 27th December 2020
If you’re looking for a sun and fun-filled getaway within our spectacular state, then look no further than Geraldton.
- The Geraldton foreshore has undergone a massive redevelopment recently. It’s the perfect place to go for a walk, have a swim or snorkel.
- The city has become a wind and kite surfing hotspot. It’s a fun sport to observe while you’re there but it’s even more fun to take lessons.
- Discover Western Australia’s own miniature Galapagos at the Houtman Abrolhos Islands, just 80kms off the coast of Geraldton.
- Learn about Geraldton’s fascinating maritime history at one of Western Australia’s best maritime museums.
- Geraldton has a vibrant and vivacious arts scene, with a regional art gallery, theatre, and abundance of talented indigenous artists.
- It’s home to a beautiful and eclectic range of architecture. The region’s early architects were some of the finest in the state.
- The HMAS Sydney II Memorial is a fantastic spot to watch the sunset and grab a photo or two, combining nature with history.
For more information, head to