Story: Transport Museums
Presenter: Chrissy Morrissy
Air Date: 29th November 2020
Chrissy learns about Western Australia’s fascinating transport history at the ever-popular Whiteman Park.
- The Bennet Brook Railway train leaves from Platform No. 1 and takes you on a scenic ride around the park.
- Tram 66 was the last tram to operate in the streets of Perth. It runs on weekends and school holidays with the help of volunteers.
- The Bus Preservation Society finds vintage buses, restores them and makes them available for visitors to the park enjoy.
- The Tractor Museum is extremely popular. Most of their tractors come from farms and would have otherwise been scrap metal.
- The Motor Museum opened nearly 26 years ago. It’s home to many different cars, including Daniel Riccardo’s 2014 F1 Red Bull racing car.
For more information, head to