Segment: Denmark Cellar Doors
Air Date: 15th March 2020
Presenter: Chrissy Morrissy
Just a four-hour drive south of Perth, Denmark is home to some of WA’s very best award-winning cellar doors.
- Denmark is known for its incredible grapes – in fact, many grapes grown here are used by winemakers outside the district.
- The Lake House only uses grapes grown onsite – it’s all part of The Lake House experience, offering guests a taste of the good life.
- Pairing seamlessly with the wine, the restaurant uses produce grown onsite to create some incredible food offerings.
- 14 years since the first vines were planted, The Lake House uses their grapes in 3 ways – there are the wines, a range of condiments pairing wine and food together known as vinofood, and the wine spa body care products.
- Their attention to detail is why The Lake House has won so many awards. They love living in Denmark, they love producing wines, and love the connection that people share.
- 2km up the road lies Castelli Winery, a winery that features a Bn’B in the heart of a working vineyard.
- Castelli Winery shares a fence with The Lake House, with their original vines being grown with Lake House cuttings.
- The Tudor-style buildings are a standout feature, housing the vineyard’s operations from winery to the cellar door, and the recently renovated rooms open up to the most breathtaking views down the valley.
- Be sure to book one of Castelli’s VIP wine tours – complete with exclusive tastings of upcoming vintages!
- The Lake House and Castelli Winery are just two of Denmark’s incredible cellar doors, offering so much more than your average wine tasting experience.