Segment: Eating Out in Victoria Park
Air Date: 1st March 2020
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Victoria Park is known for its exotic, Asian-based cuisine options.
- Perth’s close proximity to Asia means that you don’t have to fly to enjoy authentic international cuisine – Vic Park’s Albany Highway strip is full of fantastic food offerings.
- Papa Sweet Tooth is known for its authentic Vietnamese food. South Vietnamese cuisine has a strong European influence, with the French bringing in baguettes – make sure to try the banh mi.
- D’Big Mama offers classic Malay hawker-style food, with chef Mr Wong knowing a thing or two about making great noodles.
- The BBQ Pork Noodle comes with a wonton noodle made fresh in house with a recipe Mr Wong picked up when he entered the business in 1968.
- The Satay and Mayo Chicken noodles are made with no preservatives or food colouring, and you can’t have Malay food without a delicious laksa.
- If you’re a fan of ramen noodles, you can’t get better than Ramen Samurai. Noodles are made fresh in house, served with a broth that has been boiled for 12 hours – in fact, all possible ingredients are made in house.
- The ROW52 Laneway is full of stunning public art, with an overhead installation and murals along the lane.