Segment: Perth Hills Walking Trail
Air Date: 23rd February 2020
Presenter: Nikki Parkinson
Just 40 minutes from the Perth CBD, the Armadale Hills are the perfect base for any day-trip, whether you’re into hiking, mountain biking or just enjoy being out in nature.
- Wungon National Park is every nature lover’s dream, earning its bragging rights as one of the prettiest parts of the Perth Hills. The views of the rolling hills in particular are just spectacular.
- The Wungong Gorge Walk is one of the most popular walking trails in the Armadale Hills. If you’re not an avid hiker, there are a number of shorter walks accommodating all fitness levels.
- Mayor of Armadale, Ruth Butterfield, knows the region well. The area has something for everyone – it’s the perfect place for picnics, walks and bird-watching.
- The Park is a bio-diversity hotspot – look out for the black cockatoos and blue wrens.
- Bungendore Park has stunning views across the Swan Coastal Plain, and the Jarrah-Marri forest is a great place to explore.
- Naked Apple Cider is a great place to grab a bite to eat and a house-made cider after your walk through the Hills. Find them on Brookton Highway in Karragullen-Armadale.