Segment: Pia’s Place
Episode: Ep 2
Air Date: 16th February 2020
Presenter: Carmen Braidwood
Perth is renowned for its family friendly vibe and Whiteman Park’s newest attraction does not disappoint. It’s more than just a playground it’s a play SPACE, with something for everyone. Carmen unleashes her inner child and shows us why this amazing park is a hit with all ages.
- Pia’s Place is a brand new, all abilities play space situated within the beautiful and expansive Whiteman Park – one of our favourite destinations. It was lovingly named in honour of baby Pia Maeve.
- The exciting area was thoughtfully designed to get everyone involved and most activities are wheel chair accessible including; swings, a rocker, spinner, tunnels, sand play tables, cubbies and flying fox. Look out for the world class Changing Places facility, drink fountains and barbeques too!
- For a 360 degree, birdhouse view of Whiteman Park head to the lighthouse. Once you’ve climbed the 13m beacon, you can take a trip down the winding slide for the best view in the park - a tunnel underneath with screens that connect to a camera on top so these magical views are available to everyone.
- Quiet nooks, cosy corners are perch points are nestled throughout the space so that those who need a moment can just sit for a while and observe, before launching back into the activity.
- Be sure to look up, the park’s wildlife are also very fond of this new play space and you just never know who you might see among the trees.
- Pia’s Place is open daily from 8:30am until 6:30pm, you can drive there or catch a tram on operating days.