Segment: Sealink – Barrack St to Rotto
Episode: Ep 1
Air Date: 9th February 2020
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Today we are heading from the Barrack St jetty all along the Swan River up to Rottnest Island on the new Sealink catamaran… the journey is as beautiful as the destination!
- For those based north or east of the city, the easiest port of departure to Rottnest is the Barrack Street Jetty. The stunning Elizabeth Quay development and the easy access from the nearby bus and train services make it a convenient and accessible departure and arrival point.
- The Swan River is a pristine waterway, alive with wildlife and fishermen. This Sealink catamaran’s large outdoor viewing decks allow you to soak in the sights: you can access the sundeck, the main deck and even the bow.
- This is the most modern ferry from Perth as well as the quickest VIP way to cruise to Rottnest Island. Chefs-prepared breakfast treats like pastries and toasties, as well as great coffee, ensure you start the day in the best possible way: meals with a view…
- Captain Cook Cruises have been doing this daily for 40 years so you can fully appreciate their river knowledge as they share this waterway’s historical heritage with the guests, offering an interactive commentary as you go.
- Once you hit the open waters you can mostly appreciate how stable and smooth these modern catamarans are. And keep your Sealink ticket as it will allow you to get 10% off any experience with Captain Cook Cruises.
- Sealink also offer their guests great island packages for Segways, skydives, bike hire, bus tours of the Island and the amazing Wild Seafood Experience with Rottnest cruises which finishes with a sumptuous lunch of fresh West Australian seafood.
- The wonderful thing is that you can book it all online so there’s no hassles when you arrive: just grab a seat and enjoy…