Story: Northcliffe and Bannister Downs Dairy
Airdate: 13th October 2019
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Just a 4-hr drive from Perth lies Northcliffe, a picturesque town that it is home to one of Australia’s best dairy farms.
- Founded in the early 1920s, Nothcliffe is a beautiful town surrounded by karri, marri and jarrah forests.
- Northcliffe is home to a 1.2km art walk known as The Understory. Over 50 nationally and internationally renowned artists have participated in the project, with new artworks added to the walk regularly.
- The Bannister Downs Dairy farm is a 3rd generation family run business, and you’ll find their rich, creamy milk in all good supermarkets.
- The area produces some incredible milk – the climate is beautiful, with rain 10-11 months of the year.
- The company has created a new facility, The Creamery, to process their milk. Visitors are able to come here to see how cows are milked.
- There is full robotic milking at The Creamery, as well as large massage brushes to keep the cows comfortable.
- Make sure to stop by the café afterwards – there are delicious dairy products here, including coffees and hot chocolates.
Plan a trip to Northcliffe or stop in on your next road trip and discover the town for yourself, what a beautiful place to stop and explore.