Story: Carnarvon to Bullara Station
Airdate: Ep 7, 25 August, 2019
Presenter: Carmen Braidwood
Carmen is on the final leg of her great road trip from Perth to Exmouth. Join her as she travels further up the Coral Coast Highway.
- One of the best examples of the natural landscape up this way is at Warroora Station, a family run cattle station adjacent to the World Heritage Ningaloo Reef coastline. The station offers eco–friendly wilderness beach camping and authentic Station Stay accommodation.
- Situated between Carnarvon and Exmouth, only 1 hour South of Coral Bay, the site is the idea place to experience the Australian outback in its most natural.
- Warroora Station is 266,000 acres of untouched rangelands, home to dozens of native animals, prolific bird life and beautiful flora. Not to mention the pristine beach with powdery white sand. Enjoy snorkelling, fishing, surfing and swimming, while at night you can gaze at the stars around your campfire. And yes, you can bring your dog.
- As you drive up to Coral Bay, just one hour away, watch the landscape change around you. Look out for the famous giant termite mounds.
- Coral Bay has a summer holiday vibe right in the middle of winter, a great sense of community with world–class beach on your doorstep.
- Heading inland, find your way to Bullara Station for another genuine outback experience.
- Enjoy dinner around the campfire and be sure to try some of John’s famous damper. Then enjoy some quirky features, such as the unique ‘lava shower’, allowing guests to stargaze as they wash, in complete privacy, among the lava trees.
Did you know that you can book special one-way drive packages with AVIS car rental between Perth and Exmouth for a huge reduction in relocation fees? For more information visit www.australiascoralcoast.com/page/fly-drive-coral-coast-highway