Airdate: Ep 7, 25 August, 2019
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Trevor gives you a taste of what you can discover in Albany.
- On the Great Southern edge of Western Australia is the port city of Albany. Well regarded for its natural beauty and preservation of heritage, Albany holds the title of oldest permanently settled town in WA.
- The ANZAC Memorial is stunning. This interactive display holds stories of the thousands of young West Aussies who made their way to war, with Albany as their last port of call.
- You’ve got to make sure you get out of Albany, and not too far you will discover the incredible rugged coastline.
- Be sure to check out the Gap, with its cantellated bridge built over the gap. As you look down, it is breathtaking.
- Another feature is the Natural Bridge carved out of the southern ocean smashing into granite rocks over hundreds of thousands of years.
- This is just one of the travel ideas from our states local councils. For more information check out www.youreveryday.com.au.