Story Title – Kalbarri to Denham, The Coral Coast Highway
Episode – 6, TX date: 18th August 19
Presenter – Carmen Braidwood
Join Carmen on the next stretch of her road trip up the Coral Coast Highway and discover some uniquely Australian sights.
- Shell Beach is one of National Geographic’s top beaches of the world! The beach is made up of billions of tiny cockleshells and stretches over 70km and is 10m deep.
- The water is a gorgeous turquoise blue and incredibly salty, so if you are inclined, float ‘til your worries melt away.
- Just 20km out of Denham is Eagle Bluff. There is an easy 100m walkway, which takes you right along the edge of a cliff face, so you can take in the incredible ocean views.
- Just out of Denham town site on a near-deserted beach, is an unexpected find. The Thong Shack is a place to leave your beloved thongs ‘love-lock style’. A message to our international friends – thongs are for your feet.
- When you arrive in Denham town site, be sure to visit the Denham Ocean Park Aquarium. A purpose built lagoon with fresh seawater pumped from the bay, offers an extremely hand-on experience. Get up close to the native sharks of the area – Tiger Sharks, Lemon Sharks and Sandbar Sharks.
- If watching the sharks eat makes you hungry, pop into Oceans Restaurant for a bite of your own. Sit on the deck overlooking Tinkerbell Flats.
- Make a visit to Shark Bay’s beautiful new Visitor Centre and grab some local information then it’s off to Little Lagoon.
- Little Lagoon is five minutes out of the town of Denham and easily accessed even with a two-wheel car. This is the ideal place to watch the sun go down.
- Why would you fly North, when you can drive and have the freedom and time to see all of this.
Did you know that you can book special one-way drive packages with AVIS car rental between Perth and Exmouth for a huge reduction in relocation fees? For more information visit www.australiascoralcoast.com/page/fly-drive-coral-coast-highway