Story Title – Geraldton & the Batavia Museum
Episode – 6, TX date: 18th August 19
Presenter –Trevor Cochrane
Join Trevor on a tour through the Batavia Museum in Geraldton
- Geraldton is just a 4-hour drive north of Perth, making it a relatively easy place to head for a getaway. And once you get here, there is plenty to do.
- Start at the foreshore, which has undergone a stunning upgrade in the past few years. Quirky foodie spots abound to punctuate the walk.
- View the water from a different perspective with a range of adventurous activities.
- Be sure to make a stop at the Geraldton Museum. Entry is free, and this is the place to go and discover the stories of the people, culture and environment of the mid-west region.
- The Geraldton Museum displays the maritime history of the area, in particular the infamous Batavia.
- Outside the museum, visit one of the most beautiful war memorials in Australia, and reflect on the bravery of our service men and women.
- Take a wander around Geraldton to see some incredible examples of early West Australian architecture.
- If you want more reasons to visit, check out the local stories at www.youreveryday.com.au