Story Title – Caversham, discovery of a premier attraction
Episode – 6, TX date: 18th August 19
Presenter –& Quentin Long
Join Quentin for a wonderful experience with some of Australia’s favourite native animals, at Caversham Wildlife Farm.
- Caversham Wildlife Park is located just 30 minutes out of Perth.
- A family run business, this park gives visitors the chance to get up close and personal with one of the largest private collections of native animals on the West Coast.
- There are more than 2000 individual animals, from more than 200 different species in park. And all the animals at Caversham have been rescued or bred in captivity.
- The park adheres to the highest standards of animal welfare so you can be assured they are very happy, if not a little overindulged critter. Just look at how pampered the koalas are!
- Now, while we would all rather see our animals in the wild, it is just not that safe out there anymore, especially for koalas. It is really important we have captive populations, because they are insurance, making sure we have koalas for many generations to come.
- Caversham Wildlife Park has a number of captive breeding programs in place. One of the most important is for the Greater Bilby, who, without the program, will become extinct.
- Caversham Wildlife Park is so much more than just observing animals. You can get up close and personal with koalas and wombats, and watch the feeding of the penguins.
- And at the farm show, kids get a great understanding of where their food actually comes from. They can even bottle feed lambs and watch the sheep dog mustering.
- The kangaroo walkthrough is another great way to get up close and personal with the animals.
- Caversham Wildlife Park is a great day out for the whole family, and a great way to help conserve our Australian animals.
Ph: 08 9248 1984