Story: The Sunset Coast
Airdate: Ep 4, 4th August, 2019
Presenter: Carmen Braidwood
Join Carmen as she takes a mini road trip in Perth’s north discovering some hidden gems.
- Start your day with a stop at Hillary’ s Boat Harbour, where this is so much to see and do, with many specialty tourism operators, including fishing charters and helicopter flights.
- Winter/Spring timing suits the whale migration season in the local area and Whale Watching Cruises operate from 1 September to 23 November
- Grab a coffee, icecream or meal and watch all the action happen around you.
- There are so many fantastic spots along the area to catch the unique WA sunsets over the Indian ocean, with dedicated coastal walks, lookouts and places to enjoy fish and chips on the beach.
- Stop in a Swell Café in Mullaloo Beach and plan your day from there.
- There are many great walking trails that exist in Joondalup, such as exploring the Yellagonoga Walking trail at Neil Hawkins Park.
- Yellagonga Regional Park was named to honor Yellagonga, the leader of the Mooro people who inhabited the region at the time of colonial settlement.
- The park extends for 13 kilometres and contains numerous actives for every age group.
- There are many accommodation options you can check into to extend your trip through the region, such as the Mullaloo Beach Hotel, Quality Resort Sorrento, Hillarys Harbour Resort or if you love Golf, why not stay at Joondalup resort which boasts a world-class golf course.
- The region hosts a number of different coastal markets and events definitely worth checking out. For more information visit www.joondalup.wa.gov.au for the latest information.