Story: Exploring Perth CBD
Airdate: Ep 1, 14 July 2019
Presenter: Quentin Long
For most travellers their trip to WA starts in our biggest city, Perth. Travel writer Quentin Long sees Perth from a whole new perspective.
- Perth is a thriving metropolis of 2 million Australians, that continues to grow every year with a variety of unique precincts and neighbourhoods.
- The state government has spent millions in the last decade modernising the road systems, infrastructure and city precincts making it a must-stop on your trip to WA.
- Check out Elizabeth Quay which is the gateway to the Swan River and houses the new Ritz Carlton and diverse eateries.
- Elizabeth Quay really reflects the heart and soul of the city, balancing the hustle n bustle with vibes. Take a wine cruise up to the Swan Valley, over to Freo, or on a ferry to South Perth. It’s all at your fingertips from this central location!
- St Georges Terrace is the corporate epicentre of the CBD where most of the big business house their high-rise offices. But just one street over is Hay Street, a pleasant pedestrian shopping district. Don’t forget to head to Murray Street Mall, for all the major brands and department stores.
- Yagan Square is the newest precinct in Perth. It’s named after a Noongar leader and it really celebrates the indigenous history of Perth.
- Perth’s restaurant and nightlife districts are located in the flourishing neighbourhood of Northbridge. In February you can also find the headquarters for Perth Fringe here!
- Yagan Square seamlessly connects the CBD to Northbridge and has lots of great food and drink spots you can’t pass up if you’re in town.
- Perth CBD is the ideal place for a mini-break or maybe a longer getaway!