Segment: Mine to Mint Tour
Presenter: Carmen Braidwood
TX Date: February 24th, 2019
Carmen travels on the ‘mine to mint’ tour to see the operations of a working Gold mine in Boddington.
- Western Australia is blessed with gorgeous little country towns, many with a rich gold history and stories to tell.
- The town owes its name to early settler and Sheppard Henry Boddington, who ofter frequented the pool in the Hotham River while comping with his sheep way back in the 1860’s/
- Experience the magic, allure and wonder of gold on a visit to Newmont’s Boddington Gold Mine and The Perth Mint in a one of a kind day tour.
- The Newmont Boddington Gold mine is the biggest producing Gold mine in Australia.
- Be kitted out in ‘high vis’ safety gear and stand at the rim of the giant South Pit to see huge haul trucks transporting their loads, then travel through the plant
- Go gold panning in the picturesque Boddington town site and also have a stop for lunch before continuing to The Perth Mint where Western Australia’s golden history comes
- At the Mint you can watch molten gold being poured, see the largest gold coin in the world and discover some of Australia’s most treasured gold nuggets.
- The tour is run by Go West Tours, departs daily and is a great experience for all ages