Segment: Sandalford Wines
Presenter: Christina Morrissy & Carmen Braidwood
TX Date: 17th February 19
Chrissy and Carmen visit Sandalford Winery, the largest Winery in Perths Swan Valley established in 1840.
- Sandalford was established by WA’s first Surveyor General, John Septimus Roe... and the Roe family eventually developed a second vineyard down in Margaret River 130 years later.
- Current owners, the Prendiville family took up the reigns in the early 90s.. and it has been awarded best tourism winery in Australia.
- Sandalford is accessible not only by road or bus, but by water too on the Swan Valley Gourmet Wine Cruise.
- At the heart of Sandalford Wines' Swan Valley Estate is our multi-award winning Sandalford Restaurant. Nine separate, popular venues also cater for functions, events and weddings.
- Sandalford Wines has a vision to make premium wines and attract local, interstate and international tourists to our ‘must-do’ regional attraction at Sandalford’s Swan Valley, and provide them with a truly world class wine tourism, education and hospitality experience.
- Winemaking at Sandalford has evolved over the years to reflect modern practices, yet we retain the tradition and mystique behind the winemaking process. We use the latest equipment for processing grapes during vintage, but maintain small batch processing of all fruit and use only top quality French and American Oak barrels.
- Sandalford Estate houses diverse operations including a picturesque vineyard and landscaped gardens, winemaking production, food, beverage and tourism operations including a cellar door/gift emporium and multi gold plate award winning restaurant, and is also a venue for outdoor concerts for up to 16,000 guests.
- Sandalford ensures Chinese visitors receive a truly authentic experience and spoken languages of Cellar Door staff includes Mandarin and Cantonese giving Chinese guests a sense of comfort.
- Sandalford is open every day expect for Christmas and if you’re interested in seeing behind the scenes you are also able to join one of their tours.
- Get out and experience some amazing WA produce and wine under the 128year old vines at Sandalford wines and experience why it is just so good for yourself.
Ph: (08) 9374 9374