Segment: Elizabeth Quay Nightlife
Presenter: Christina Morrissy
TX Date: 30th December 2018
Elizabeth Quay is the perfect destination once the sun goes down, with lots of options for couples, families and friends.
- If you like boats, Elizabeth Quay is the place for you. You can catch the Transperth ferry over, take a ride on the quirky little ferryboat or if you’re looking for something a bit more romantic you can hop in a private gondola.
- Elizabeth Quay is full of food options, such as The Oyster Bar. This is a great place to watch the sunset while enjoying some top-class food.
- The Florence Hummerston kiosk was erected as changerooms and a tea room on the Esplanade, before eventually becoming a Chinese restaurant. It has been painstakingly relocated by heritage contractors to Elizabeth Quay and is now the home of an excellent craft brewery.
- Elizabeth Quay comes alive with lighting once the sun goes down. There is a strip of lighting shining brightly around the whole quay, the water park can be seen illuminating its water jets even the bridge lights up with colour.
- If you’re looking for a great way to end your night, the gelato is impossible to resist.
A ride on the carousel at Elizabeth Quay is a lot of fun too and don’t worry about the age limit, as everyone is a kid at heart once they hop on.