Segment: Scarborough Sunset & Markets
Presenter: Christina Morrissy
Date: 25 November 2018
Scarborough Beach features some of the best sunsets in WA, and the night markets running every Thursday in Summer make it even better.
- Every Thursday stall holders set up for the Sunset Markets and by 5pm the place is truly buzzing, with the multi-million-dollar redevelopment seamlessly accommodating thousands of people.
- The markets offer everything from haircuts to shopping and the range of food is absolutely huge. For vegetarians in particular, look out for the Naan toasty made with chickpea curry – it has supposedly been patented, and is the first in the world of its kind.
- While there is a lot of people, the area has plenty of places to sit to witness the sunset.
- Scarborough Beach is known for hosting the Sunset Applause, with hundreds of people clapping once the sun dips below the horizon an initiative bought to Scarborough by Bett Fischer, after witnessing it in numerous locations around the world.
- The fun doesn’t stop once the sun goes down – you can see fire twirlers performing, visit the bar, or just soak in the great community spirit.
- The Thursday night markets are tasty, quirky and eclectic, and you’ll find yourself wishing they were open every night.