Segment: Ningaloo Centre
Presenter: Rebecca Johns
TX Date: November 18th, 2018
If you’re exploring the Exmouth region, this is a must stop location to learn everything about Ningaloo and what the region has to offer.
- Right in the centre of the town the Ningaloo Centre is a research, tourism, education and community hub. It is also nearby the incredible UNESCO world heritage listed Ningaloo Coast, so if you’re looking for a perfect way to start your journey this is it.
- The Centre is home to 3 engaging visitor galleries. The interpretive displays provide an entertaining and educational experience, showcasing images, interactive elements and curious artefacts of the region.
- The first exhibit, the ‘on route to Exmouth’ gallery explores the history of the town. The town having was founded as a military base in the 1960s and this exhibition shows the evolution of the town from military to a tourism hotspot.
- The second exhibition, ‘Reef to Range’ hosts a truly stunning aquarium. The tank holds 55,000 litres of water and is home to 300 fish, many local to the Ningaloo Reef. You’ll also be able to spot some invertebrates such as clams and starfish as well as 30 different types of coral.
- The third gallery, the ‘Terrestrial’, explores the ancient landscapes of the region. It is here where you’ll be able to learn about the unique cave systems, ranges, dunes and gorges, as well as the rare species native to the Cape Range National Park.
- On top of this, there is a library, as well as the Ningaloo Visitor Centre. This is the hub for all information, bookings and services within the region. The fantastic team here will be able to help you sort out tours, accommodation and will supply you with maps of the region.
- Make sure you drop in and check the centre out for yourself it is definitely well worth the stop.