Episode: Destination WA – Our Golden Outback
Title: Station Stays: Matuwa (Lorna Glen)
Broadcast: 20th July 2018
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
They say the journey is as important as the destination and never was that truer. Wiluna - It’s the gateway to the Gun barrel Highway to the east and the Canning Stock route in the north, a eco tourism and cultural tourism.
- Along the way you will cross the Barr Smith ranges which seem so ancient, aged and weather stone, a beautiful drive highlight on the way to Wiluna.
- The Martu people have lived in this place for tens of thousands of years as has the flora and fauna which in many cases is totally unique and too often endangered.
- Victor Ashwin, a traditional owner shares his knowledge on a special experience and typical of the friendly Martu people.
- The team continue the journey to a nearby station once known as Lorna Glen.
- We conduct a number of different research projects here and relocating some of these mammals from coastal islands and the Perrin Peninsula has seen populations boom and allow for reintroduction here into areas where they were once extinct.
Drive Yourself Wild
0408 511 969