Title: Ngalang Wongi Aboriginal Cultural Tour
Broadcast: 1st April 2018
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
WA is home to the world’s oldest continuous culture, 50,000 years in the making… so instead of driving deeper into the South West, Trevor stops into Bunbury and checks it out through the eyes of the Noongar people through a city tour with Troy Bennell.
- Ngalang Wongi Aboriginal Cultural tours offer two experiences, one touring the Estuary and another the town tour.
- This was the last place the rainbow serpent rested his head, and therefore a special Kaya (welcome to country) is made toward the waters edge.
- The journey through this town is full of insights, the tours covers everything from indigenous culture to modern culture, arts and history.
- The town is full of street art murals with vibrant colours and exciting patters throughout.
- There are a lot of stories along the way and a lot of things you’ll learn, and places that are very important, like Wile Up Rocky Point .
- Wile Up Rocky Point is a very sacred place, a burial site and home to ancient basalt rocks – 130 million years in the making!
- There is a huge history here, including aboriginal burial sites and ceremony grounds such as Karlegrup. This tour gives fuses together culture connection and ocean and you’ll sure find it to be a very enriching experience.
P: 0457 360 517
P: (08) 9483 1111