Title: Mandoon Estate Hotel and Award Winning Wines
Broadcast: 25th March 2018
Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Few people realise that just 25 minutes from the heart of Perths CBD sits Australia’s oldest wine region.
- Mandoon Estate is quickly becoming one of the favourite destinations for people visiting the Swan Valley. It’s world class with everything you could hope for from casual dining experiences, a boutique brewery, fine dining restaurant, arguably the best outdoor beer garden in Australia with its own continental deli and picnic rug hire.
- WA’s first Governor James Stirling stepped ashore just down there on the edge of the Swan River to be greeted by the local Noongar people who welcomed him to Mandoon, the place of trees.
- Wine maker Lauren Pileggi has been instrumental in the winery’s development but the history of the winery dates back well before his arrival at Mandoon. Because this place is home to Australia’s oldest Verdelho planting. They were planted back in 1895.
- The winery isn’t just pretty, its won some serious accolades including 450 wine show medals, 60 wine trophies and 169 gold medals to date. It’s
- The winery now has its own hotel newly opened with 32 beautifully appointed rooms situated right next door to those Verdelho grapes and the serene swan river.
- The hotel offers the ultimate boutique experience, very friendly and knowledgeable staff ensure your stay is perfect and help you plan your days exploring this wonderful region on the edge of Perth city.
- There are three different accommodation options available all suitable for up to 2 guests. There are deluxe rooms, superior rooms or the executive suites. With a casual luxury feel, high end fixtures and fittings and spacious rooms It’s the luxury accommodation option here in the Swan Valley.
P: (08) 6279 0500