Title: Scenic Plane flight to Dirk Hartog Island
Broadcast: 25th March 2018
Presenter: Chrissy Morrissy
Today Chrissy combines Shark Bay’s most popular scenic flight with a stop off at WA’s biggest island, Dirk Hartog.
- The last time I visited Dirk Hartog we arrived by boat... getting to see the world heritage listed Shark Bay from the air is going to put a lot things into perspective and complimenting the view our pilot Julienne
- Some of the sights to see are; Useless Loop, the Salt mine, Zuytdorp Cliffs, Steep Point and of course Dirk Hartog.
- The thirty minute scenic flight will take you back to Denham or lands you on the island.
- Although it is a little windy today, this is an island with a lot of options. The first option is very laid back and rustic with a location to die for. It’s the Dirk Hartog Homestead. All the food on the table is home made with the guests catching their fish for meals.
- You don’t have to do anything but sit back and relax here with great scenery. However, there are dunes all over the island and it is world famous for Dirk Hartog.
- Chrissy has a crack at ’Razerback’ which is the steepest dune on the island. It is a lot steeper from the top as it looks from the bottom. There are a variety of levels on the island so anyone can have a go.
P: (08) 9483 1111