Title: Introducing the Aquarium of Western Australia
Broadcast: 18th March 2018
Presenter: Chrissy Morrissy
Western Australia has the most diverse array of underwater marine life and you can have a lot of fun adventuring our state with a snorkel and mask or you can just visit AQWA and see them all before lunch.
- If you’d like to find out the type of marine life that lives off our coast this is the place to visit. The highlight is the underwater tunnel which is almost 100 metres long, 4.5 metres deep and 6 metres wide! It gives a great view of the 3 million litres of water.
- Within the main tank you can see 70 species of fish, rays, turtles and sharks!
- The fish are fed once a day and that is when all of the action happens!
- If you would like to feed a shark or hold a sea star there is a touch pool. If you time it right there are experts on hand who will give an informative talk.
- There is also a fantastic cafe so it is perfect for a day trip. No matter the weather AQWA is a great place to visit.
P: (08) 9447 7500