Title: Introducing Whiteman Park Part 2
Broadcast: 11th March 2018
Presenter: Chrissy Morrissy
While Melbourne might be the first spot that springs to mind for a tram ride in Australia, there is another option that’s a lot closer to home; Whiteman Park!
- Just 30 minutes North of the CBD in the Swan Valley, covering an area 9 times the size of Kings Park. Along with protecting flora and fauna it also collects some amazing transport heritage.
- Whiteman Park is home to some beautiful vintage gems, including a tram, which is a great way to see the park.
- Within the park there are 14 different attractions to explore.
- The children’s forest is a great attraction and was planted by children to celebrate the births of Western Australian children. Through out the park are some very realistic looking sculptures.
- Whiteman Park is also home to Caversham Wildlife Park which is a great place to get up and personal with some of our native animals
- The variety of museums are also a great way to spend the day at Whiteman Park. Most are run by community groups and volunteers so the entry price is very affordable, in fact, some only ask for a gold coin donation.
P: (08) 9249 3510