Broadcast: 17th July 2016
Presenter: Caty Price
Caty catches up with Wandering Wok Tours to visit and discover the delights of Asian food in Perth for over 15 years.
- One of the great things about WA is our melting pot of cultures, and it’s probably our location on the doorstep of Asia that had a massive influence- particularly on our culinary scene.
- The tour is centered around the heart of Northbridge (unofficial Chinatown) and Pauline Lynch knows these streets inside out. Caty speaks to her about the fabulous area and shows her around.
- Visit Wing Hong Butchers, one of the original butchers in Northbridge. You will find a great variety of meat here with anything from chicken feet to ducks tongues.
- Find exotic Asian vegetables at WA Orchard Veg & Fruit including bitter melon, lotus fruit and a luffa vegetable.
- Surprise yourself at Atlantic Seafood, where Caty speaks to Tim who shows us something quite exclusive to Perth – live abalone!
For more information visit the Wandering Wok Tours website on: