Broadcast: 29 May 2016
Presenter: Carmen Braidwood
In this segment Carmen introduces us to one of the secrets of her childhood home in Perth Hills.
- In the hills you have the opportunity to do something you probably never realised you could do in the Perth metro area, going on a came ride.
- Camels are some of the world’s most intelligent and intuitive creatures, able to traverse great distances of sort, sandy dessert.
- Camels play a vital role in the histories of many countries including Australia, where now has the largest stock of wild camels in the world.
- You can take a camel safari just thirty minutes from the city along the famous Bibulmum track, thanks to the Calamunnda Camel Farm.
- Camels contribute more to Australian society than just tourism; they are used for milk, which you can taste at the farm. They are also used for wool, hides and meat.
For more information check out their website: