Broadcast: 1st May 2016
Presenter: Scott Taylor
In 2015 Theo Kalegoracos introduced us to the Rockingham region and an amazing event showcasing the best of the local community and food scene. Now in 2016 the ‘Malibu Fresh Essentials Long Table Lunch’ is back, and Scotty takes us there to check it out.
- At this event, the region’s best chefs are creating a 6-course meal on one of the most picturesque beaches.
- Wines from Peel estate, Vasse Felix, Hay Shed Hill and Drakesbrook are on the menu.
- Linley Valley Pork, Dardanup Butchering Company and Kailis Brothers all contributed to the food.
- Events like this are dramatically helping to build the city as a whole.
- Hosts of the Malibu Fresh Essentials Rockingham Long Table Lunch on the Beach are: Rockingham Kwinana Chamber of Commerce; Kent St Deli; Latitude 32; Rustico Tapas and Bar and Malibu Fresh Essentials.
- This year's event Event sold out in 45 mins and saw 500 guests on the foreshore at Rockingham Beach.
- Key Partners/Sponsors are Malibu Fresh Essentials; City of Rockingham
- The event saw $10,000 donated to local charity Soul Soup Kitchen
If you would like more information about this, or any other events taking place in Rockingham, please contact the Rockingham Kwinana Chamber of Commerce;
Telephone (08) 9592 3333