Broadcast: 29th March
Presenter: Caty Price
Rockingham is leading a double life. Everyone knows it as a quiet seaside town that is a perfect destination for slowing down and relaxing, but there are some seriously action-packed things to do here. Caty road tests the very latest in watersports by comparing jet-packing and sky diving.
- Just 40km South of Perth you will find Rockingham – ‘Where the Coast comes to Life’.
- From September to June, visitors can board the ferry to Penguin Island. With its magnificent rugged coastline and shallow protected bays it’s a wonderful place to explore on land and in the water.
- Rockingham’s extensive foreshore area features some of the best facilities available. Impressive, big, bright new playgrounds and BBQ facilities, beachfront restaurants & cafes.
- If it’s shopping you enjoy, Rockingham has a range of shopping centres spread throughout the region. Our largest centre has over 200 specialty stores, four major retail outlets, a cinema complex, restaurants and a foodhall.
- Be sure to make your first stop the Rockingham Visitor Centre. Conveniently located with ample parking and friendly staff, the centre is full of information and local knowledge to help you explore the area.
Contact: Rockingham Tourism Centre or the City of Rockingham