Broadcast: 21st December
Presenter: Anna Gare
- 10 herring, scaled cleaned and filleted
- Generous spoon of butter and olive oil for frying
- Zest of 1 orange and ¼ cup juice
- 1 red chilli finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 3 queen green olives deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 big clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Big splash of olive oil
- Put all dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix together
- Fry Herring in butter and oil, skin side down for a few minutes until almost cooked through
- Turn herring over and immediately pour the dressing over the fish in the pan.
- Cook for about 30 more seconds or until the fish flakes easily and is cooked through.
- Serve in the pan at the table with a salad.