Broadcast: 21st December
Presenter: Anna Gare
Raspberry and rose meringues ( We used Manjimup cherries)
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon corn flour
- 2 teaspoons rose syrup
- 1 table hot water
- ¼ teaspoon Vanilla bean extract
- 200ml whipped cream
- Fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 120 degrees
- Put egg whites, sugar, vinegar, corn flour, rose syrup, hot water and vanilla all into kitchen aid mixing bowl and beat on high speed for 10 minutes. Mixture should look shiny and hold stiff peaks.
- Line a large flat baking tray with baking paper and divide mixture into eight individual meringues about 6 to 8cm each ( shape like nest )
- Bake 120deg for 40 mins on the middle shelf and allow to cool in oven they should be crunchy on the outside and like marshmallow on the inside
Top with whipped cream and fresh raspberries - we used Manjimup cherries Start diet tomorrow.
Recipe from Anna’s book “Eat In” Murdoch books Australia.