Story: Woody Island Eco Tours
Presenter: Chrissy Morrissy
Air Date: 16 January 2022
Chrissy heads to Woody Island, home to fantastic accommodation, snorkelling and walk trails.
- Woody island is located 15 kms from Esperance and is one of 105 Islands in the Recherche Archipelago.
- Over the years the Island has been the hideout of pirates, a magnificent sheep station, and in more recent years a destination for experiencing unique and untamed nature.
- The island offers a range of accommodation to suit all budgets, and has an impressive camp kitchen, restaurant, and bar.
- Luxury retreats are also available for the ultimate relaxation experience, with large scale glamping tents featuring a beautiful balcony, private deck overlooking Shearwater Bay.
- With many adventures to choose from, Chrissy sets out on a guided walking trail. The tour is filled with fascinating stories and information as well as numerous other trails you can follow at your own desire.
- Each trail leads to different destinations of WOW factor including site seeing spectacular views of Esperance’s famous beaches, mutton bird nesting grounds, little penguins and much more.
- Masks, snorkels, flippers, and 2-person glass bottom kayaks are available for hire so guests can enjoy the beautiful marine life in pristine, clear water bays off Woody Island.
For more information, head to: