Story: The Cider & Ale Trail
Presenter: Scherri-Lee Biggs
Air Date: 12 December 2021
Now is the time to enjoy the sunshine and festivity. Scherri explores some of the Swan Valley's newest venues which are perfect for festive family gatherings.
- The Swan Valley is WA’s oldest wine-producing region and it's located just 25 minutes east of Perth.
- The Swan Valley is home to 11 breweries and cideries producing a range of traditional, contemporary, and creative beers and ciders.
- Txoko (chock-o) brewing, is a family-oriented and run brewpub in Baskerville, serving up the latest ‘on trend’ beers using traditional techniques. The tap list at Txoko is constantly rotating.
- A “Txoko” translates to “cosy nook” in the Basque language. The Basque language is spoken in the northern part of Spain.
- A “Txoko” is a social club where people gather usually once a week to cook together and share a bottle of wine.
- Funk 2.0 is not a brewery but a ‘fermentary’ where visitors can discover a new approach to the world of beer and cider.
- Funk 2.0 has WA’s longest beer tap, with 18 taps pouring beers, ciders, and experimental flavours. Funk 2.0 is renowned for its large-tasting paddleboards.
- Bailey Brewing Co is set within the picturesque bushland in Henley Brook.
- Bailey Brewing Co is a place created for friends and family to make memories over some great food using local ingredients, and quality craft beers brewed onsite.
For more information, head to: