Story: Origins Markets
Presenter: Carmen Braidwood
Air Date: 12 December 2021
Searching for unique gifts? Carmen wanders through Busselton's newest market, tasting treats and buying quality Christmas gifts for her loved ones.
For more information, head to:
- The Origins Market is located in the heart of Busselton. It has over 60 vendors and is an incubator for new businesses.
- At the Markets, visitors can wander through and try a variety of fresh, locally grown fruit n veg, freshly shucked oysters, handmade treats, and hot coffee made from locally roasted beans.
- At The Origins Market, you’ll find new vendors. Hence, visitors can taste and get their hands on new and upcoming products before anyone else does, such as the Peanut Butter Honey made by Southern Forests Honey.
- The artwork at Origins Market weave stories of significance created in collaboration with the Wagdande people.
- The neighbouring historic and culturally significant Wonnerup wetlands inspired the interior murals.
- The hanging Tapestries by Sandra Hill feature the indigenous 6 seasons, highlighting the connection to growing food.
- The Observational Beehive set up with the help of UWA’s Honeybee Research center, is a living bee colony.
- There are many choices of eateries at the Markets, hosting cuisine from around the world as well as winery and brewery stands.