Story: D’Guy Charters
Presenter: Chrissy Morrissy
Air Date: 17th January 2021
Kalbarri is a much-loved holiday hotspot in Western Australia and there’s no better way to explore it than with a legendary local who has plenty of local knowledge.
- D’Guy Charters is run by Guy Acosta, who first came to Kalbarri with his parents in the mid-60s.
- Their Inland and River Gorges Tour takes visitors through the spectacular Kalbarri National Park, with stops at Z Bend Gorge, Nature’s Window, and the Skywalk.
- The Murchison River runs through Z Bend Gorge. It’s over 800km long, making it the second-longest river in Western Australia.
- Nature’s Window was formed by erosion approximately 400 million years ago. It’s one of the most photographed spots in the state.
- The Skywalk was built in Perth and brought up to Kalbarri on the back of a truck. The rock that was removed during the excavation has been used in its construction.
- D’Guy Charters also do a stargazing tour from the Skywalk, showcasing the region’s magnificent night skies.
For more information, head to