Presenter: Trevor Cochrane
Air Date: 17th January 2021
Christmas Island’s cultural diversity has made it a unique culinary destination where visitors can try various authentic international cuisines.
- Start your day with breakfast at Idah Kitchen. It’s a family-owned Malaysian restaurant that can be found at the Malay Club next to the Kampong.
- Idah Kitchen’s Roti and Curry breakfast is mouth-wateringly delicious and well-known on the island.
- There are a few options for lunch on the island, including Lucky Ho Restaurant, which is located in the Chinese quarter of town.
- Lucky Ho’s famous silver prawns, tasty pork leg soup and special noodles make for a scrumptious meal.
- For dinner, enjoy a drink and a western meal with a spectacular view at the Golden Bosun Tavern.
- The Golden Bosun Tavern offers all of your pub classics with an upmarket twist, like their freshly caught wahoo with chips and salad.
For more information, head to