Kite Surfing in the Cocos
If you want to get into kite surfing, there is no better place to learn than in the great lagoon of the Cocos Keeling Islands. Chrissy takes the plunge.
- The trade winds blow through these islands from July to the end of September each year, and this is the time when the Cocos Keeling Lagoon comes alive with kite surfers who fly in from all over the world.
- Despite how it looks, kite surfing isn’t actually that hard to pick up, and everyone says Cocos is the place to learn.
- A local company called Zephyr promises to take you from ‘zero to hero’ when it comes to teaching you how to kite surf.
- Pretty much anyone can kitesurf, as it doesn’t rely on you being super fit and toned. Even a 70-year-old man can do it!
- The Cocos islands really are a kite surfing nirvana – no wonder people come here from all over the world!
Cocos Keeling Islands
P: (08) 9162 6790