Episode: Summer Special
Broadcast: 28th November 2015
Presenter: Christina Morrissy
There are so many exciting benefits to living in WA, one of them is that you don’t have to travel far to experience one of the state’s best mountain biking.
- A half an hour drive out of the city will take you to Kalamunda Trails, a mountain biking experience with something for every skill age and level.
- The Camel Farm tea rooms has long been the starting point for many a bush walk or just an excuse for a great coffee and meal, but these days there are more variety and that includes mountain biking.
- For those new to the sport, the ‘Shake, Rattle and Roll trail’ only takes five minutes to get around and it’s suitable for everyone and is a great introduction to the sport.
- The Kalamunda Mountain Bike Collective members are the guardians of the trails, they don’t just ride them, they are also the group responsible for building and maintaining them.
- The trails are one way and with 700 plus riders joining every weekend don’t even think of driving the wrong way! For the best experience, come early and beat the West Aussie heat and pack the basic essentials for a day in the bush, as well as first aid.
Contact: Kalamunda Mountain Bike Collective – 0407711448
Shire of Kalamunda: